Get Ready for Season 2 of The Abundant Edge Podcast!
Two big announcements! First off, season two of the abundant edge podcast will be kicking off on Friday Feb 2nd and we're starting off big with an interview from Mark Shepard, author of Restoration Agriculture and owner of New Forest Farm in Viola, WI. We've also got a whole lineup of great interviews with natural builders, permaculturalists and community organizers so I hope you're as excited as I am for a brand new year of regenerative solutions and examples from the most inspiring leaders and innovators in the regenerative economy.
Now as a new feature in the upcoming season, I'll be recording monthly episodes that I like to call the regenerative round table in which myself and the abundant edge team will answer questions that listeners have sent to us either through email or from the abundant edge facebook page. This is your chance to have your questions and concerns answered directly by our own team of experienced regenerative workers, so send us your questions either to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can message us on the Abundant Edge podcast facebook page.
Now my second big announcement is for all of you who are looking to dive deeper into permaculture and regenerative living. Paul Wheaton of permies and richsoil.com will be hosting three incredible courses on his own homestead of “Wheaton Labs” in Missoula, MT. The first is their flagship Homesteaders PDC taught by Alan Booker and a whole slew of guest instructors including Paul Wheaton and Chris McClellan who've both been featured on our podcast in the last season. This is the perfect training experience for those of you who've already studied permaculture quite a bit and want to skip a lot of the basics and introduction stuff that most PDCs are heavy on.
The second course is the Appropriate Technology Course which is the class I wish had been avaialble when I was first getting started as a natural builder. They've consolidated tons of natural building, regenerative utility system, and resource management knowledge into a 12 day intensive taught by Chris “Uncle Mud” McClellan. They cover everything from rocket and pyrolysis stoves, various uses of solar energy, humanure composting, graywater use, biofiltration, human powered devices and much more. I highly recommend this one.
Lastly, for all of you who are just getting started in permaculture and want to save a bunch of money on the tuition of a regular PDC, they're now offering a “peasant” PDC for beginners to get tons of practical experience at a much discounted cost. So for those of you who are rich in time but tight on funds, this five week, $550 course is the perfect way to gain experience and knowledge.
Right now they're offering their early bird special, but these discounted prices are temporary so don't hesitate. You can also save significantly when you sign up for both the Homesteaders PDC and Appropriate Technology Course together. Follow the links bellow and be sure to tell them that Abundant Edge sent you.
Best of luck in your regenerative learning this year and I look forward to reading your questions and comments on the podcast in the upcoming season.
- Feb 16, 2018 The wild potential of mycology with Peter McCoy, author of Radical Mycology: 052 Feb 16, 2018
- Feb 2, 2018 Pushing the boundaries of restoration agriculture with Mark Shepard, author of Restoration Agriculture: 050 Feb 2, 2018
- Jan 26, 2018 Get Ready for Season 2 of The Abundant Edge Podcast! Jan 26, 2018
- Jan 12, 2018 The Abundant Edge Podcast wants to hear from you! Jan 12, 2018
- Jan 5, 2018 The Abundant Edge Apprenticeship is here! Jan 5, 2018
- Dec 29, 2017 Creating a healthy ecosystem within through holistic nutrition with Breanne Gibson of Circular Nutrition: 049 Dec 29, 2017
- Dec 22, 2017 Permaculture earthworks demystified with Douglas Barnes, author of "The Permaculture Earthworks Handbook:" 048 Dec 22, 2017
- Dec 15, 2017 The myriad technologies and innovations of earthships with Rohan Sutherland: 047 Dec 15, 2017
- Dec 8, 2017 The Abundant Edge design criteria for a regenerative lifestyle, with the free PDF design criteria list: 046 Dec 8, 2017
- Dec 1, 2017 Permaculture chocolate, the highest quality anywhere in the world with Lorenzo Maniet of El Porvenir cacao farm: 045 Dec 1, 2017
- Nov 24, 2017 The beauty and usefulness of bamboo, with Charlie Rendall of "Return to the Forest:" 044 Nov 24, 2017
- Nov 17, 2017 Joel Salatin like you've never heard him before, on his new book "Your Successful Farm Business:" 043 Nov 17, 2017
- Nov 10, 2017 The unique factors of a true profitable permaculture farm with Richard Perkins of Ridgedale farm: 042 Nov 10, 2017
- Nov 3, 2017 The most impressive permaculturalist you've never heard of. Alex Kronick of Caoba Farms: 041 Nov 3, 2017
- Oct 27, 2017 The intricacies of timber framing made simple with timber framing instructor Skip Dewhirst: 040 Oct 27, 2017
- Oct 20, 2017 Kicking off our demo farm and finding the "abundant edge" with Jeremy Fellows: 039 Oct 20, 2017
- Oct 13, 2017 The infinite possibilities of light straw clay with Lydia Doleman from The Flying Hammer: 038 Oct 13, 2017
- Oct 6, 2017 Why and how to build your own ponds with Robert Pavlis, author of Building Natural Ponds: 37 Oct 6, 2017
- Sep 29, 2017 Mastering the educational side of permaculture and land management with Matt Powers, author of The Permaculture Student 2: 036 Sep 29, 2017
- Sep 22, 2017 The independence and empowerment of earth bag building with Atulya K Bingham, author of "Mud Mountain": 035 Sep 22, 2017
- Sep 15, 2017 Diversity and the importance of tree guilds with Brock Barker from "The Brockoli Patch" farm: 034 Sep 15, 2017
- Sep 8, 2017 How technology and chemicals have transformed farming in just one lifetime with Roland James: 033 Sep 8, 2017
- Sep 1, 2017 Taking permaculture based businesses to new heights holistically with Erik Ohlsen of The Permaculture Skills Center: 033 Sep 1, 2017
- Aug 25, 2017 How to regenerate damaged and polluted waterways with Tom Duncan of Aquabiofilter: 032 Aug 25, 2017
- Aug 18, 2017 The key to client attraction for your permaculture design business with Pete Widin of Artisan Environments LLC: 031 Aug 18, 2017
- Aug 11, 2017 The hidden side of natural building, how to start your own build project and more with Oliver Goshey: 030 Aug 11, 2017
- Aug 4, 2017 Placemaking and connection building to repair our communities with Ridhi D'Cruz and Mark Lakeman of City Repair: 029 Aug 4, 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Discovering "Why We Farm," the book by author Elvira Di'Brigit: 028 Jul 28, 2017
- Jul 20, 2017 Lucrative city farming on borrowed land with Curtis Stone, author of "The Urban Farmer:" 026 Jul 20, 2017
- Jul 14, 2017 Giving blank walls a voice through natural plasters with Gabriel Franklin, founder of The Art of Plaster: 025 Jul 14, 2017
- Jul 7, 2017 Profitable permaculture market gardening with Zach Loeks, the author of "The Permaculture Market Garden:" 024 Jul 7, 2017
- Jun 30, 2017 Promoting permaculture knowledge and environmental activism with Hannah Eckberg of Permaculture Magazine of North America: 023 Jun 30, 2017
- Jun 23, 2017 The wide world of human powered machines with Tamara Dean, author of the book "The Human Powered Home:" 022 Jun 23, 2017
- Jun 16, 2017 Founding a sustainable living and education site, and working with the local community with Tim O'Hara of Rancho Mastatal: 021 Jun 16, 2017
- Jun 9, 2017 Desert regeneration and showcasing examples of permaculture success with Neal Spackman of the Al Baydah project and Sustainable Design Masterclass: 020 Jun 9, 2017
- Jun 2, 2017 Tropical permaculture experiments in diversity and economic resilience with Scott Gallant of Rancho Mastatal: 019 Jun 2, 2017
- May 26, 2017 Regain your freedom and self-sufficiency through natural building with Chris "Uncle Mud" Mcclellan from unclemud.com: 018 May 26, 2017
- May 19, 2017 Building soil on a large scale and going beyond permaculture with Darren Doherty of Regrarians Ltd. Episode 017 May 19, 2017
- May 12, 2017 How to avoid 95% of straw bale house failures and more from Bill Steen of the Canelo Project: Episode 016 May 12, 2017
- May 5, 2017 Lessons learned from both success and failure in a permaculture based business with Diego Footer of "Permaculture Voices:" Episode 015 May 5, 2017
- Apr 27, 2017 The journey towards a permaculture lifestyle with Max Benjamin of El Jocotel. Episode 014 Apr 27, 2017
- Apr 21, 2017 Volunteer management and mixing regenerative practices with Neal Hegarty of Abundant Edge Apr 21, 2017
- Apr 13, 2017 Myths and Misconceptions About Natural Building with Oliver M Goshey Apr 13, 2017
- March 2017
- Feb 24, 2017 Revolutionary rocket stoves and re-indigenizing building with Kirk "Donkey" Mobert of Sundog School of Natural Building Feb 24, 2017
- Feb 11, 2017 How to build with cordwood masonry with Rob Roy of the Earthenwood Building School Feb 11, 2017
- Feb 3, 2017 Insulation vs. thermal mass and the advantages of hybrid structures with Sigi Koko of Build Naturally and Down to Earth Designs Feb 3, 2017
- Feb 3, 2017 The beauty and functionality of tadelakt and other earthen finishes with Liz Johndrow of Earthen Endeavors and The Pueblo Project Feb 3, 2017
- Feb 3, 2017 How to build and plan a profitable permaculture farm with Shad Qudsi of Aititlan Organics Feb 3, 2017
- Feb 3, 2017 Getting around the codes and permits for natural buildings with Patrick Hennebery of Cobworks: 004 Feb 3, 2017
- Feb 3, 2017 How to save huge on your heating costs and other innovative experiments with Paul Wheaton of "Permies" and "Richsoil.com:" 003 Feb 3, 2017
- Jan 25, 2017 Making the transition to a permaculture lifestyle with William Horvath of "Permaculture Apprentice:" 002 Jan 25, 2017
- Jan 25, 2017 Introducing the Abundant Edge with host Oliver M Goshey: 001 Jan 25, 2017